The Christmas Witness, The Morgan Brothers – Bk 3
Love Inspired Suspense
December 6, 2011
You can connect with Susan at these sites:
THE CHRISTMAS WITNESS PHOTO CONTEST
2. Contest open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C. Void where prohibited.
3. Winner agrees to provide shipping address and allow us to publicize their name in conjunction with the contest on the website and in our newsletters.
4. Contest ends on January 31st at midnight eastern standard time.
5. One winner will be selected at random by random.org to receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
6. The prize winner will be notified by email and posted on our Winners page after they respond to our email notification. If we do not receive an email response from the winner within 7 days from the date of the drawing, another winner will be drawn.
7. You must have access to the Internet and a valid email address in order to enter or win.
8. Your chances of winning depend on the number of entries.
10. No purchase is necessary to enter. If you have not purchased The Christmas Witness and would like to enter simply send an email to the above address stating that you want to enter the contest.
Twelve years ago, Megan Cash testified against Norman Fowler, a criminal that held her hostage during a bank robbery where she worked. He’s served his sentence and is now free to get the revenge he promised. Now a single mom of a critically-ill daughter, Ella, she is once again terrorized by this man, the first being his presence at her daughter’s hospital room. Since no one else saw him, and she has no evidence of his threats, the police are hard-pressed to provide police protection for her or her home.
Widowed, ex-FBI agent, a former love interest of Megan’s, Reid Morgan happens to be at the hospital with his daughter, Jessie, and their therapy dog. Upon hearing the commotion, he assists Megan and makes a phone call to the police. When they wouldn’t provide protection, he called his old partner, Jack Duger, to help apprehend the perpetrator. To complicate the issue, there’s the love/hate relationship Megan has for Reid Morgan, a man she doesn’t feel she can’t trust, as he’s run out on her before. Has he changed? Will he run? That is Megan’s dilemma. But he’s the only one who believes she’s in danger.
In her book, The Christmas Witness, Susan Sleeman has once again created another riveting, spine-tingling, suspenseful romance. The action rumbles forth from the first page to the end. Between Norman’s threats, Ella’s health issues, and no place for Megan to go, Susan brings about mind-boggling twists and plots. It seems that wherever Megan goes, Norman always seems to be one step ahead.
One usually thinks of Christmas as a joyous, generally quiet time to reflect on God’s gift to us. Not so for Megan and Ella. They are in a dangerous situation, where the suspect is trying to make sure she doesn’t live to enjoy it.
I really appreciated Megan’s devotion to keep her daughter safe at all costs. Her husband ran out on her when Ella got sick with cancer, but Megan’s devotion is admirable. Such devotion is a heart-warming quality that I admire.
Susan’s Scripture choice fits perfectly with the storyline–For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future, Jeremiah 29:11. It’s just that we have to realize that His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are our ways His ways, Isaiah 55:8. That’s where we can get into trouble if we don’t learn to trust Him. He knows what He is doing, even when everything seems to be falling apart. And fall apart they do for Megan.
I’ve read several of Susan’s books, and I’ve loved every one of them. I can hardly wait for the next two coming out in 2012! If you haven’t read them yet, you’re in for wonderful surprise.
This book was provided by Susan Sleeman in exchange for my honest opinion. No monetary compensation was exchanged.